Thursday, November 15, 2007

These Days


Just thought I'd give a little glimpse into life in our home these days....


Yesterday I had 10 + teenagers in our home after school so that they could practice for the "Coffee House" at the high schol last night. The coffee house is an opportunity for students to perform for others while raising money. They can play music, read poems, read stories, do a skit, dance etc. My son was playing guitar (an acoustic set) with two of his friends as well as playing guitar for several girls who were singing. So that led them all here! I was making a double batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and by the end of the evening there was not a cookie to be seen! It was like being invaded by cookie monsters! I am so glad that they feel comfortable in our home and enjoy the cookies I make ~smile~ I love to have the house full of life and it doesn't get much more lively than teenagers!


I went with my nephew to watch them all perform since my husband had to be with my mother in law for the evening. I am just blown away by the talent of these teens. (Not just my own since ofcourse he was the highlight of the entire evening!) but all of them. Wow!


This morning I was folding up all the clothes from the wee boy that stayed with us so that I could send them on to him when I got a phone call. He was to come back and stay with us tonight but now we just found out that he and his sister are off to a group home for the night instead. Pray for them please. We were so hoping to be able to keep him but I am just praising the Lord that they are out of danger and will be cared for wherever they end up. God is faithful and He hears and answers prayers.


This morning I had my annual safety inspection, review and contract renewal for the agency I work through. I am licensed for childcare so there is alot of paper work, inspections etc. So that was a busy time getting ready for that and making sure everything was in order.


I only have one little monkey today since my others are siblings and are away due to one of them having strep throat. I am praying it misses our home and the wee one I have here now. He is teething and I can't imagine what strep throat would be like on top of that, especially for one so young.


It has been rainy and sleeting here today so we didn't get out for our walk this morning. I will take some time to do my errands on the way to clean the church tonight.


Tonight we are having barbecued smoked pork chops left over from last night, macaroni and cheese and peas.


All in all it has been a good couple of days, emotional but good!


Blessings,

Liisa




No comments: