Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thanks be to God


In my online Bible study this morning we were reading 2 Corinthians 9. As I read the last verse I was struck by how thankful I am. Verse 15 reads....Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!I am so very thankful for salvation and for Jesus and I am also thankful for little things.
Yesterday my friend called and told me there were children in need of some help. I have been blessed to care for a wonderful little boy overnight. He is just 3 and has had such a rough go in life. Prayer is needed for this little one and his sister. He has already worked his way into our hearts and it breaks mine to think of him returning home. His father allowed him to visit with us but so far it was just for overnight. I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to take in this little one and love him, snuggle him and protect him. I pray that he will not have to return to the life he was living. It is my hope that his father will seek help and one day they can be reunited as a family but for now I pray he will be able to stay here or with another family that will care for him in the way he deserves to be cared for.
This wee boy has been a gift to me and I am thankful.
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: