Sunday, November 11, 2007

Busy Weekend!


My goodness what a busy busy weekend! My hubby was off on a fishing trip with his friend so Friday evening I was able to host a "Girls Night" here in my home. We had a wonderful time....great friends, great food.....way too much great food! I would encourage you if you are able to have one of these nights yourself. I invited 7 women over and we watched the Liz Curtis Higgs video "Really Bad Girls of the Bible". It was so funny and yet so full of encouragement and advice for reaching out to others. We had planned to watch another movie as well but we got so busy chatting and eating and chatting some more and eating some more that the evening flew by! It was a blessing to enjoy fellowship with other Christian ladies and as an opportunity to reach out to some who are still searching as well. I served a Mexican Layered Dip, Stuffed Mushrooms (which are so easy...see the recipe below). Salsa and Tortillas, Summer Sausage and Cheese plate and Chocolate Covered Cherries.....you can't have a Girls Night without chocolate ~smile~ and various beverages. Simple to plan and pull together but the evening so much fun!



Stuffed Mushrooms


2- 8oz. pkgs. mushrooms

2 Italian sausages

1 pkg. cream cheese


Wash mushrooms, dry and remove stems.

Remove casings from sausage and fry until cooked through.

Put cooled sausage into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.

Add Cream Cheese and process until well blended.

Fill mushrooms with filling and bake in 350 degree oven for approx. 15 minutes. Time varies with size of mushrooms so check frequently.






Yesterday I was busy in the morning with a project and then went to a nearby city to pick up a DVD I had been wanting for sometime. While we were there I found these......









But they were filled with a New York Cheesecake filling! Does it really get any better than that? It does actually because each package of 5 (they are bigger than normal kisses) was only 44 cents! I thought that some of the ladies at church that I know LOVE chocolate would love these so a grabbed a few extra packages and wrapped them in a band of scrapbook paper and put their names on them. Here is a picture of them....


I hope they enjoy them as much as I did!


Last night I was blessed to attend the renewal of vows ceremony and dinner of friends of ours. It was beautiful but made me miss my hubby even more! He comes home today! Yippee!


Now this morning we have a guest speaker at church and my son is playing guitar for praise and worship and I have some work to do before the service starts so I better get moving!


Blessings,


Liisa


1 comment:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

OMG.....I want ONE....please, please....sheesh...how sinful those must be. Ok, on another post...I might have missed it...what happened to the little boy you were keeping....why did he have to go home? Hurry up....get the computer fixed!!!