Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Baking


I just love to bake for the holidays and have often started on the first of December and baked every day until Christmas eve. Mostly due to sneaky people who get into everything in the freezer....o.k. I admit it I am one of the sneaky people!

I like to bring a plate of cookies to the office at my son's school, the dentists office and the doctor's office along with a card. This year I will be adding one of the moose I made to the top of each plate. I am excited to see how it will look.

The rest of the treats get gobbled up by family and friends during the holidays. I always make sure though to have enough left for New Years.

Here is the list of what I will be making this year. (So far) *wink*

Molasses Crinkles
Peanut Butter Cookies
Macaroons
Hello Dollies
Cherry Cookies
Thumbprints
Nonpareils
Fiddle Faddle
Peanut Butter Cookies
Russian Tea Cakes
Stained Glass Candy
Snowballs
Iced Spice Cookies - Commonly called "Weezer cookies" around here because when my son was in grades 7&8 he really liked the band Weezer and I often made cookies shaped like the Weezer W for him and his friends as well as for the school bake sale. When a band he had played their first show I made them with the band's name on them. Now though I just make round ones and ice them in red and green for Christmas. I recently saw in a Woman's Day magazine cookies iced like ornaments so I may try icing these like that - they were very pretty!

Well, I guess that is the list - at least for now! ~smile~

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: