Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ladies Night


Last night I was blessed by opportunity for fellowship with some wonderful ladies. Normally this weekend we would all be at the First Love Ladies Conference in Niagara Falls but for various reasons none of us were able to go. My friend Eunice came up with the idea that we should invite all the ladies who have been to the conference with us in the last few years to a get together. So we had a wonderful evening. We had dinner together, I provided a lasagna, Eunice made a salad, heated up some wonderful red pepper and scallion bread and she made a beautiful peach cheesecake. How can you go wrong with any event that features cheesecake! ~smile~ Eunice shared that she made her own topping with fresh peaches, sugar and an "eyeballed" amount of cornstarch. I make my own cooked blueberry pie filling but it never occurred to me to use that or make own topping for cheesecakes. It was an ah ha moment for me! Eunice also made a delicious salad dressing. Oh it was so good I had to have seconds on salad! I have asked for the recipe and when I get it I'll share it with you...it's too good to keep to myself!

After dinner we watched the Embrace Grace DVD that I purchased after the conference last year. Liz Curtis Higgs was the keynote speaker at last year's conference so it was nice to revisit her this year! When we were done with that some of the ladies had to leave but the rest of us carried on for two more hours chatting, visiting and discussing ways that we can reach out to others with the gospel.

All in all a wonderful evening!

Blessings,
Liisa

Picture above from www.allposters.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liisa, Guess what I did today? I went to Sam's and bought a full Mesquite smoked turkey. BTW, my husband was also equally impressed by this idea!! I'll be slicing it up tonight to freeze. Thanks again!!

Liisa said...

That is great Lori! I am so glad my tip has helped you! Mmmm....mesquite smoked turkey...~smile~ I imagine per pound that was much less expensive than buying smoked turkey at the deli.

Blessings,
Liisa