Thursday, September 18, 2008

Titus Women - Cancelled


We had to cancel Titus Women for tonight due to lack of tomatoes! I don't know what happened to them but you know what - it ends up being for the best. My friend Nancy who is my partner in this had to get up at 1 o'clock in the morning to drop her cousin off at the airport so she is in no shape to do Titus Women tonight.

I called all the ladies and let them know and told them that if or when the tomatoes ripen we'll get together then and make the salsa and spaghetti sauce.

It is so bizarre though because last year in August I was up to my eyeballs in tomatoes right through to the middle of September and now they just aren't ripening and the ones that are are falling off the plants when they are only slightly bigger than cherry tomatoes and they are Romas! Oh well - it will be an easier season for me if they don't come along before the frost but we will be missing having salsa and spaghetti sauce stored up in the freezer. ~sigh~

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: