Monday, September 22, 2008

A New Church Home


I think we may have found the church for us! We have been there for a few Sundays now and are really enjoying it. The sermons are solid and Biblically based. I am really learning alot. It is a time of refreshment and renewal for me and I so needed it!

As an added bonus the congregation has quite a few teenagers. This is something our last church was lacking so it is really nice. My son was already friends with one of the boys there so it is great for him. I am also pleased that there are so many men of all ages (another area our last church was lacking) I think that will be quite encouraging for both my son and hubby!

I was really blessed by the anniversary service there yesterday. They were celebrating 45 years. The Heading Home Trio performed and they were amazing! I was also amazed when they asked those who were there when the church started to stand up - there were so many! Others shared that they had been in that church for their entire lives. That is so wonderful! Can you imagine? I became a Christian as an adult and we moved alot when I was growing up so I find it incredible that you could be at the same church for 45 years or your whole life. Isn't that just the best thing? I think so. Unfortunately we had to leave before the meal and concert but the service was a blessing.

Anyway, all this to say that I am excited and very happy to have at last found a church that shares our beliefs and fits us so well. It is so hard and really affects your whole life when your spiritual one is in upheaval. It has been a long road but so worth it.

Happy Monday!

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching the internet and came across you comment about our trio. It is a real blessing to us when we find out that people we sing to are blessed. We give God the glory and I am thrilled you found a church. When we left Calvary Baptist that day we all commented that if we lived in Godrich we would attend that church.

God Bless you you have encouraged us.

Peter - Heading Home Trio

Liisa said...

My goodness - thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!

I was disappointed to have missed the concert in the afternoon and hope that I am blessed with the opportunity to see you perform again.

Blessings,
Liisa