Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jute Balls and Fall Basket

My friend purchased some balls of different materials that she has in a basket on her floor - very cute! I decided to make some of my own and make a fall basket for my entryway.

I started with styrofoam balls which I had left over from another project.


I then hot glued the string onto the ball. Timothy loved this part and wanted to help as you can see. ~smile~


The finished ball.


The basket complete. I also "quilted" some balls to go in it by laying on small pieces of fabric and poking them into the ball with a knife. The quilted balls when done with varied fabrics really do look quilted and make really cute ornaments.


I am quite pleased with how the basket looks in the entry way and now I am just hoping Timothy doesn't get in it. So far so good as I didn't wake up to leaves and balls all over the house. ~smile~

Happy Thursday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: