Friday, September 12, 2008

Surprise Party


Tomorrow I will be attending a surprise birthday party for my dear friend Nancy. Unbelievably she is turning 60! I am sure she will be thrilled I just told the world but I just cannot believe it. First of all she doesn't look more than 45. Secondly she and I are just alike in almost every way...it is really almost creepy and we get along so well. I never think about age. I mean I know in my mind that some women are younger or older than I am but I tend to see everyone and think of them as my age. I guess that is why I was so shocked to find out she was turning 60 - I never would have believed she was 24 years older than I am. We talk on the phone every morning, shop together, plan events together, get into trouble together. I am blessed by her friendship.

So....

Happy Birthday Nancy!

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Ok, I wanted to tell you that I can't grow anything either....I need to take a picture of my flower beds to show you....

I found a lady at a flea market that has been selling potted plants in the cutest containers....oh, supposed to be "you couldn't kill it if you tried to plants"....well, we'll see. So far they are still alive. They are huge containers for $3.00 and $5.00....was soooo worth it.

Also, my friend just went to a surprise party for a 75 year old. They actually posted the announcement in the NEWSPAPER....and said SHHHHHHH, don't tell her about it....we know she doesn't read the newspaper....we just wanted everyone to come to the party. How funny is that....announcing a surprise party in the NEWSPAPER.

Tell your friend happy birthday....and I sure hope she doesn't read your blog...ba haaaaa.

Liisa said...

Hi Traci,
I am glad I am not the only who cannot grow anything...well that isn't quite true I have no trouble at all growing weeds - why is that? Maybe I should set out to kill my plants and then maybe they will live! ~smile~

We had a great time at my friend's party though we weren't able to stay long. She is such a sweet person!

In the newpaper?? Wow! That is too funny!

Blessings,
Liisa