Saturday, September 1, 2018

Girls Day Out

 The other day my son's girlfriend and I went for a girls day out. Our first stop was to Your to Cover in Linwood Ontario about an hour or so from us. This is a skirt shop a lady named Colleen runs out of her home. She is so sweet and sells modest dresses, tops and head coverings as well. I really enjoy going there and I so needed a new skirt! I was blessed to find one with Colleen's help. ~smile~
Here is a link to her face book page - I do not have face book so I am not sure what all is on there but I know even without it you can view her what's new posts etc. and she does ship items now (it is way more fun to go there though *wink*) Note - Her page says Wellesley but she is in Linwood. I guess it wouldn't let her put that for some reason.

 Next we stopped in at Living Waters a Christian Store also in Linwood. They have such wonderful things!! It is so much more than a bookstore though they have alot of those as well. You can order from their catalogue as well as online. Their catalogue has kitchen items and much more as well. Here is the link if you are interested. When we were there I picked up some cards for the church and a goodbye gift for one of our ladies (more on that later) and a copy of Keepers at Home magazine! Yay! I so love this magazine. It is a magazine for ladies and is filled with wonderful articles, advice, recipes and more so much encouragement for us in our roles as women. If you are interested in more information about it here is a picture of their contact info.



From there we decided we better grab some lunch! Off to our favorite restaurant in that area called At the Crossroads which is just south of Elmira. It is a fantastic home cooking buffet. So many yummy things! It also has a huge gift shop with so many wonderful things I am sure I "need", so a dangerous spot for me haha! I made it out with just a really cute little distressed red metal maple leaf to hang on my pantry door for fall.

Our last stop before heading home was to Picard's Peanuts between Elmira and St. Jacob's. We thought we'd grab the men some treats. If you have never been to Picard's you have to go. the make chip nuts in every imaginable flavor, nuts of all kinds and flavors and dried fruits chocolate of all kinds oh just an amazing place. We were glad we ate first and were full! they also have samples of all the nuts and chip nuts so you can try before you buy. Bus tours actually stop there. Here is a link to their site as well.

And that ended our day out as we had to dash back because Shaina had to work at 3. She works at a senior's home. She is a sweet heart and all the seniors love her.

Our only snag was we did not have as much time as we thought we would as they are doing road work all over our area and we kept running into closed roads and detours. Thankfully we only hit one on our way back and Shania was not late for work!

Just thought I would share our adventure.
Happy Saturday!
Blessings,
Liisa



No comments: