Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Wax Melts

I LOVE wax melts! I love to have my home smelling wonderful and I cannot burn candles unless I am right near it watching as one of our cats already had his tail on fire once! *YIKES!* He wandered by one my mother in law had on her coffee table and his tail brushed it flinging melted wax on her blanket on the couch. She was yelling about the wax ruining her blanket and I had to say can we put out the cat first? He was still sauntering around with his tail aflame! Good thing he has very long fur - he was completely unharmed although startled by us chasing him down to put out the fire!

ANYWAY, this is about wax melts not flaming cats. ~smile~ I was blessed a couple of years ago to find my Rustic Star Scentsy warmer at a yard sale for $3 -Yay for yard sales! It works so well and I love the style, it goes perfectly with my main floor decor. Here is a better picture of it...
I don't know if it is still available or not  - I tried to find a link for it but could only find the small plug in one.
As far as the actual wax melts themselves I have tried so many from many different companies over the years. So I thought I would tell you about a few of my favorites and maybe a few I would never buy again.
My favorite of all time is Autumn Wreath by Yankee candle. It is a seasonal scent sadly - I would use it all year the smell is just so wonderful. It really makes you feel like fall. Here is a link to the American Yankee Candle Site on the Autumn Wreath Page. Here are their scent notes for Autumn Wreath ...
Fragrance Notes:
Top: Green Leaf, Apple
Mid: Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg
Base: Woody Notes, Vanilla
Top note is the initial impression of the fragrance, middle note is the main body of the scent and base is its final impression.
So perfect for Fall!

I really like the Better Homes and Gardens wax melts you can get at American Walmarts. I have never seen that brand in Canada so I stock up when we are there. They are $2 a package which has 8 cubes. I find them to be of high quality. The scents are great, there is a huge variety and they really spread the scent through the whole house and it smells like it does in the package. It is frustrating when you buy a wax melt that smells great in the package and when you burn it it either doesn't smell at all or it smells totally different.
As you will see in the picture above I love the smell of apples all year. It makes me feel all happy. ~smile~. So the Fresh Orchard Apples is a favorite, Farm Apple Pumpkin is nice, the Butterscotch Maple and Spiced Pumpkin Pie smell really good too.... too good as I am always hungry when I burn those!

The Apple Strudel one in the pic is a soy one I got at a craft show....yes more apples *wink* I find the soy ones I have tried smell nice but they don't work nearly as well as the others.

The big pack of Herbal Melts on the bottom is really nice. It came from Bass Pro Shops and smells beautiful. The scent is Walk in the Woods. These melts for sure last the longest scent wise of any I have tried. They come in various scents. Here is a link to them at Bass Pro.com .

There is one in the picture on the top right that I would absolutely never buy again and that is The Colonial Candle Apple Orchard. In face I wouldn't buy any of Colonial Candles melts again. This one had virtually no scent at all when I burned it and when I tried to get the melted wax out of the burner it was all soft and gummy. I had to scrap it out with a knife and fight it off the knife too. The it still left a gummy residue all over the bowl! I had to wipe it out several times with paper towels to try and get it all out! Bleh!

That just leaves the one cream colored one at the bottom. A really cute shop near us sells wax melts loose like this. The only trouble with that is that I forget what scent I bought and there is no label, so next time I have to smell them all to find the one I had and liked. But hey there are way worse ways to spend an afternoon! LOL!

So that is my wax melt collection and my thoughts on them. ~smile~

Happy Wednesday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: