Thursday, September 13, 2018

Buttertart Squares

I made these squares this week for Ladies Bible Study and they were a big hit so I thought I would share the recipe. ~smile~

I found the recipe in my cookbook - The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals. It is such a wonderful cookbook and I use it all the time. The recipes come from ladies all over. I love these kinds of cookbooks the best because they are sent in by real women, who make these things all the time and I haven't had one fail yet. That is why I  really like Gooseberry Patch too as I mentioned before.


Here is a link to this cookbook I found on Amazon.ca .

Buttertart Squares

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups raisins
2 eggs, beaten
4 tbsp. cream
 
Mix together flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter. Press into a 9x13 pan.
Mix together all remaining ingredients and spread over crust.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes. (If you use a glass pan, lower baking temperatures to 350 degrees)
Enjoy!
 
Happy Thursday!
Blessings,
Liisa
 

No comments: