Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Fresh Salsa - Using Up Garden Goodies

As I mentioned before we have been blessed with all kinds of garden goodies from friends and now our own garden is producing like crazy so I thought I would share in a few posts some of the ways I use up all our produce before it goes bad.

One of the first things I do is make Fresh Salsa. It is so good and just tastes like summer. ~smile~

First I chop up some tomatoes in small pieces. This is a great use for all those cherry tomatoes and they taste so good in this. mmm.... This will be the bulk of the salsa so put in as many as you like to reach the batch size you need.
Then I add in some diced onion (red is best but any kind works). Depending on the size of the batch I will use half to a whole onion. Smaller the pieces the better.
I put in 2 diced jalapenos - pieces as small as possible. The jalapenos are why there are gloves in this picture. If I don't wear them I will inevitably touch my eye with jalapeno juice on my fingers. I don't like it too hot but if you do add more or leave in the seeds.
I also add in about 4 cloves of minced garlic.
That's it just stir and refrigerate for a bit for the flavors to blend and enjoy.
You can also and a bit of lime juice if you like.
 This keeps in the fridge for just about 2 days then it gets too soggy.

                            So fresh and so good - good for you too! It couldn't be easier!
                                   (The yellow in my salsa is yellow tomatoes ~smile~)

Happy Tuesday!
Blessings,
Liisa



No comments: