Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Fall Decorating

The first thing I do when decorating for different seasons is to put everything out on my dining room table - so here is a picture of what that looked like. Someone may have a small addiction to fall items. *wink*

Here are a few pictures of what my decorating looks like this year....

 
This is a corner in my living room. I love how that quilted wall hanging looks. I used the second one on my counter top. Here is a closer view of the table.

I made the picture last year and I think the squirrel looks quite cute there near the light.

This is the top of my china cabinet in the dining room. The 2 pumpkins are actually covered dishes.

This is the side table also in the dining room. I found that So Very Blessed sign last year on clearance at Hobby Lobby. It was 90% off. It was meant for thanksgiving I think but I leave it there all year. It makes me smile. God is so very good and I am blessed beyond what I could ever imagine.

The pictures on the table are of my son and the other is of me at a cottage our family used to own when I was growing up. My hubby said he was tired of only seeing pictures of himself and our son and I needed to put out some of me. I told him I was the one home all day and I liked looking at my men not me but he insisted so that is the pic I came up with. Hee!Hee!

My son gave me the lantern for Christmas 2 years ago and it is one of my most favorite things, you can fill it with seasonal things or other items with or without the candle.

This is the small table in our front entry way. There is a mirror hanging over it. Please excuse the green tape - we are getting ready to do some much needed painting in there. The lantern has tiny lights woven around the pumpkins but it looked weird in the picture to turn it on. I bought it at Value Village and it was jammed tight with fall things and leaves it was hideous!! I guess that is why it was only $2.99 ~smile~ It was a great deal I just popped the lid off, emptied it a put in 3 little pumpkins and a few leaves and I love how it looks now.

The basket is one I came across second hand years ago. I put an old plastic bowl upside down in it to fill up some space and put in plastic gourds and pumpkins, leaves and some balls that I made. For some I took Styrofoam balls and "quilted" them by pressing little pieces of fabric into them and others I wrapped with some twine. Now if I could only keep the cats out of it!

This is the peninsula in the kitchen. I added a few leaves to the made over bird cage planter. I placed a smaller cylinder full of acorns I collected and a candle inside of the large one that I added a pip ring to.
The coppery little pumpkin is from Dollar Tree last year.


So there you have it some of my fall decorating. There is more but this post is already quite long so I will spare you! LOL!

Happy Tuesday!
Blessings,
Liisa






No comments: