Sunday, August 19, 2018

Gifting Veggies

I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes and I planned to share them with a couple of neighbour ladies. I had them just in zipper baggies when I came across an idea in an old issue of Country Woman. The idea is to make paper cones to hang on doors. It kind of reminded me of May Day baskets.
Here are a couple of pictures of the ones I made.....

They are simply pretty card stock rolled into a cone shape. I stapled them together and added some tape to secure the edge all the way down. Next I punched a hole on either side of each cone and threaded through ribbons and tied knots to anchor. Inside I added a cone of wax paper (that I didn't staple or anything) just to keep any moisture away from the card stock. I filled them with alot more cherry tomatoes than you would think they would hold and headed out to deliver my gifts.
It was pretty early so I was able to just hang them on their doors to surprise them whenever they came out. ~smile~
I saw one of the ladies at church today and she said she was so thrilled to find it hanging on her door and wondered where I bought the container! hee hee! She was surprised that I made it!
It was a just a way to make a simple gift a little more special so I thought I would share it on here.

As a side note you can never go wrong picking up Country Woman magazines at second hand stores and yard sales. The information is always good and I grab all the ones I come across and save them to read at the time they would have come out. For example the one I found this idea in is from August/September last year and I kept it to read now though I bought it several months ago and I have spring ones I am saving to read in the spring etc.

Happy Sunday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: