Sunday, August 19, 2018

Fast Fix for Under $4


This cute little bird cage planter was a gift I received a couple of years ago. It had ivy and several other plants in it and was really cute. I also received the bird as another gift and added it in. The only problem with it was that I have a black thumb not a green one and I bring death to plants everywhere! I tried over the years to pull out the plants that died and add in new ones but finally it got to the point that all that I could keep alive was a couple of wee little ivy plants. Yep it was pretty sad looking and it bothered me every time I looked at it. However it is such a cute planter and I love how it looks on the counter.

Enter the Fast Fix for Under $4! It occurred to me at last that I do much better with fake plants so off I went to the dollar store. I purchased some floral foam, a bag of moss and a stem of leaves. It took me less than 30 minutes to change something that had been bothering me for years into something that makes me smile.
So much better! ( It looks more like realistic plant in real life. ~smile~) I am so happy and it is a relief to be done with the struggle, I can just enjoy how cute it is and stop killing plants!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: