Thursday, October 30, 2008

Old Fashioned Cocoa Pudding


I don't remember where I found this recipe so if was on your site please let me know and I will give you credit.

I made this two days ago and my family loved it so much they asked for it for dessert yesterday too so I had to share it here.

Old Fashioned Cocoa Pudding

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups water
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp. margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
whipped cream (for top)

In a sauce pan combine the sugar, cocoa,flour and salt.
Gradually whisk in water and egg yolks.
Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
Cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat, stir in margarine and vanilla until blended.
Pour into individual dishes.
Refrigerate until set.
Garnish with whipped cream.

Yield four servings. Can also be used as a pie filling.

This pudding is very thick and rich so I did not flavour or sweeten the whipped cream. It would work very well in a pie. This made four little dishes of pudding and a little dish was all you needed! Very chocolaty and rich, oh so good!







Enjoy!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: