Thursday, October 16, 2008

Love


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New King James Version) Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.


This passage was in my morning study and it really struck me today. I had to ask myself does my life truly reflect love? Am I patient and kind? Do I envy or parade myself? Am I puffed up and rude? Do I seek my own? Am I easily provoked? Do I think evil and rejoice in iniquity or do I rejoice in truth? Do I bear all things, believe all things, hope all things and endure all things?

It has been good to closely examine my life in light of this scripture and see where I fall short and where I need to improve things. How grateful I am for God's Word and the ability to read it, take it in and have it change my life.

God is good!

Happy Thursday!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: