Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Hubby


I have been very busy lately running around, doing errands, getting back into the swing with the little monkeys after a week holidays and getting projects done around the home.

This has not been a bad thing. I sewed two new skirts for myself which saves money, did quite a bit of painting the entryway and the area under the sink. That used to be such a gloomy place even though I washed it thoroughly. How nice it is to open the cupboard door and see it all fresh and white in there. I organized and cleared out our closets, pantry, cupboards, drawers and rooms. So much has gotten done lately. Do you know what hasn't been getting done though?

Paying attention to my hubby. I have been so busy with all that has been going on that I haven't been paying attention to him and meeting his needs. My hubby has had to ask me repeatedly to stop and come and sit with him for a bit. Do you know what my response has been? "Just a minute I really want to get this done" Now does that seem right to you? It doesn't to me. That says to my hubby that he is not as important as some job I am doing, that I would rather clean a drawer or paint than snuggle up with him. Wow! Who would rather do that than snuggle up with someone they love?

I have also neglected to have desserts made for after dinner, baking for his lunch and good things to eat on hand. In fact his lunches have been thrown together affairs with the same thing everyday. EEWWWW! Who wants to have the same boring lunch everyday? Not me, so why haven't I been putting more thought and effort into his lunches. Too busy. Too busy doing every other thing besides taking care of my hubby.

My priorities have gotten all mixed up again. They should be God, husband, son, home, outside interests. Somehow hubby slipped to the bottom of the heap. ~sigh~

Well, I am back on track today! This morning I made my hubby a blueberry pie for dessert tonight, I am planning a much more exciting lunch for him to take to work tomorrow and I am going to be sure that all my housework etc. is done before he gets home from work so that I can just sit with him and let him know that he is important and he is loved. Busyness is no excuse to let that slide. I have 5 little ones here today and still managed to bake a pie, clean up and look after everyone. I see no reason then why I haven't been able to find time to get it all done when I don't have 5 little ones here!

Why not make your hubby his favorite dessert tonight and let him know that he is a priority for you! ~smile~

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: