Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Popping In....


Just popping in for a moment to let you know that all is well. I have been very busy these last couple of weeks.

I have gotten alot of things caught up here at home and many projects under way. I also had a wonderful time at pumpkinfest with my friend Nancy. It is a huge event and so much fun. They have the biggest car show I have ever seen, giant pumpkins and huge produce of many kinds. While we were watching the weigh ins they weighed a pumpkin that was 1041 pounds and at that point it was only third place! The winner weighed 1395.50 lbs! WOW! Interestingly the biggest cabbage weighed 52.50 lbs Can you imagine all the cabbage rolls that would make? ~smile~ The craft show fills the gym auditorium and hall of the high school....what fun!

I have been busy preparing for Thanksgiving this weekend. My sister, her children and my mother in law will be coming for dinner. I am not sure if our friend Mike will be coming or not. It has been kind of a tradition that he comes up for Thanksgiving but we usually don't get any notice he just appears! It is really nice though since it is the only time we see him.

We always have the dinner on the Sunday so we can just relax on Monday before hubby heads back to work on Tuesday. We will be having turkey, my hubby's wonderful sausage stuffing, green beans, pepper squash, butternut squash, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, pickle tray, apple pie and pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

I will have to get alot done on Saturday since our service at our new church is a bit later and we don't get home until 12:30 or so. Saturday I am going to the last Mennonite market for the year with my friend Nancy and we will stop at a couple of the farms as well. I am really looking forward to it! I can't believe that it is already Friday! So much to do!

I am on holidays next week but that will be really busy too! I have plans to go to a near by city with my friend. I am taking my mother in law to another city to pick up all the Christmas goodies from Germany that she gets every year. My Nanny will be visiting on Thursday and I will be driving her home on Saturday as well and taking along my mother in law and sister for a fun day in Barrie. All my hubby's family in Canada is in Barrie so my Mother in law will visit with them while my sister and I shop and have lunch at our all time favorite lunch spot - Reggie's Sandwich Factory. Then we will head back home.

It will be a really busy week but alot of fun. I hope to be able to get alot done at home as well. When my week of holidays is over I will need a week of holidays to recover!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada!

Blessings,
Liisa

4 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Wow! I never realized you celebrate Thanksgiving also...and you do it in OCTOBER!! Ok, here is another weird "likeness" we have....

The picture you used....I searched all last year for a puzzle of that to set out during Thanksgiving. Believe it or not, I was in a flea market and I moved a book....THERE IT WAS IN ALL ITS GLORY.....EVERY PIECE in tact....woooohoooo...for $2.00! We will be working on it THIS THANKSGIVING.

I'm glad to hear you are well and also I'm tired just reading your post. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!!! So, is your Thanksgiving because of the Pilgrims too?

Liisa said...

I just love this picture! I would love to find it as a puzzle... what a fun idea to set that out during Thanksgiving!

Last year I found a framed print of it at the second hand store but it was more money than I had with me at the time and when I went back it was gone. Perhaps I will stumble upon it again.

Our Thanksgiving isn't because of the pilgrims it is just a time to give thanks to God for a bountiful harvest. That is why it is earlier than yours as our harvest is earlier since we are farther north - or so the story goes!

Blessings,
Liisa

Traci @ The Bakery said...

HEY, I meant to ask you....how did the shots w/ the bat thing turn out....are they all done?

Are you going to post pics of the Thanksgiving? I need to start cleaning my house NOW....since I am having the dinner here...lol. I also have a Bunko game here the same week....might as well, since the house will be clean...tee hee.

I love your Bible post today....thanks for sharing.

Liisa said...

Yes, he survived the series of rabies shots but what an ordeal it was! So many shots!

I unfortunately forgot to take ANY pictures of Thanksgiving- AACK! I know I just can't believe it either. ~sigh~

You make me laugh!Might as well since the house will be clean! HA!
I'll look forward to your pictures of Thanksgiving since I wasn't on the ball and have none of mine! You better post lots ~smile~

Blessings,
Liisa