Thursday, October 25, 2007

Life in a small town


I discovered one of these on my back porch this morning! I was about to let the dog out when I saw a bit of black fur with white stripe. I am so grateful that I have been in the habit of turning on the outdoor light and looking all around before opening the door. I started doing this after being surprised by a very large raccoon!
When skunks are into something they apparently do not want to move. I knocked on the window and he didn't even flinch! I then realized that scaring a skunk on my back porch may not be something I want to do. ~smile~
I tried to get a picture of my own but it didn't turn out. I waited and eventually he sauntered off without a care in the world. So cute, so smelly and all part of life in a small town.
Blessings,
Liisa

1 comment:

Ms. Metcalf said...

God was smiling on you that morning. (and not laughing at you running around smelling like skunk!) hahaha