Sunday, October 28, 2007

Doing Too Much


In the past few weeks I have had a seemingly endless to do list. There have been great things on that list. Meetings, Bible studies, committees to be a part of, baking to do for events, events to plan and help carry out, shopping to do for events, appointments to keep, etc. etc. etc. The only problem with all these wonderful things that seem so necessary and so fun and so important is that I have had my priorities in all the wrong order. God's word tells me what my priorities should be. They are God, husband, children, home, then outside interests. I have been so busy with everything else that my home has not gotten the full attention it needs, I have been impatient with my son who deserves so much more from me especially in these days as he is growing older and busier and our time to spend together is lessening each day. I should be valuing every second rather than rushing through things or urging him to hurry so I can get on with other tasks I "need" to do. I have also been short tempered with my husband, impatient with him as well and not been displaying the deep love I have for him because I have so much I "just have to" get done. I have also realized that while I am doing my personal devotions and Bible study I am not fully there. My mind is wandering to that to do list. ~sigh~ It is so easy to just say yes to one more thing or think oh I can squeeze that in. There is nothing wrong with any of the things I have been doing or even being busy as long as I keep my priorities in the right order. When I get them mixed up or things are starting to slip in any of those areas I need to be willing to step back and take a look at things and get them back as they should be and that may meaning saying no to some things, or dropping some things but that is o.k. I need to realize that I can't do everything or be a part of everything, nor should I.
So it is on to a better week with a fresh perspective and with my priorities in the right order.
Blessings to you,
Liisa

No comments: