Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dinner Idea


My husband brought in the last of the peppers from the garden and I decided that was a good reason to have steak fajitas last night. We had one steak leftover from a family bbq the night before, free peppers from the garden, salsa I made and froze in the summer and onions so all we needed to buy was some sour cream and two tomatoes.

I make my own tortillas with a recipe I found on Laine's Letters. I just love her site, she is such an encouragement to me. I read her letters over and over. Anyway back to the fajitas. The link to the tortilla recipe is http://www.lainesletters.com/recipe/flourtortilla.html I made double the recipe.

I made those and then just sliced the steak in strips, fried the onions and peppers together and served it with salsa, sour cream and chopped tomatoes. You could add shredded lettuce, cheese, guacamole or anything else you like.

This meal was inexpensive and fed my husband and I as well as my son and two of his friends.
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: