Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Don't Delay



When God puts someone on your heart, that you should call them or you should go see them don't delay.

I had it on my heart to go and see a lady who was terminally ill. I wanted to go and try one last time to help her accept salvation. I was nervous about what I could say to this lady I didn't know very well. I was praying about what I should say so I wouldn't be too pushy and perhaps end up driving her away. Perhaps that is why I kept waiting for a "better time". I was inspired by a post I read yesterday and decided not to wait anymore. I brought over some cinnamon rolls but I didn't get to talk to her because I had all my little ones with me. I had put off going and I delayed and it is too late.

My heart is heavy. I got a phone call this morning telling me that this lady had passed away in the night. I pray that she did finally accept the free gift that was offered to her.

It is a comfort to me that she enjoyed the cinnamon rolls but how I wish I had heeded the promptings in my heart. God was trying to tell me something and I delayed. I just wrote about not putting things off because there may not be a tomorrow. I should have heeded my own advice.

Is God prompting you to call someone? To go for a visit? Don't delay.


Blessings,

Liisa

1 comment:

Ms. Metcalf said...

that is so true. late obiediance is disobiediance. I am praying she was saved!