Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beef Stew



My friend called me this afternoon and told me she was making stew which sounds like a great idea. Since it is such a chilly, rainy day here I thought I would share my favorite recipe for it.

Oven Beef Stew

1 1/2 lbs. beef, cubed.

3 large carrots sliced

3 stalks of celery, chopped

1 green pepper, diced

1 can ginger ale

1 28oz. can diced tomatoes

1 envelope onion soup mix

3-4 peeled, potatoes cubed.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a covered roaster. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.

Option - leave out potatoes and spoon over rice to serve.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liisa, this recipe sounds great but Chris and I hate ginger in any form. Could you please suggest something to replace the ginger ale?
Great blog! :)

Love,
Glenys

Liisa said...

Hi Glenys!
Thank you for your comment!
I know some other beef recipes like roasts etc. use cola, you could try that.
If you do let me know how it turns out!
With love,
Liisa