Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Homemade Pizza


Last night for dinner I made pizzas. This was the first time I had made pizza from scratch with a yeast crust and it is just one more reason to love my bread maker!
My hubby said it was better than any pizza you can buy in town. My son loved it too. I was quite happy...I am always nervous when I try a new recipe and hope they will enjoy it. My hubby is the kind of man who will tell me if he doesn't like something so I was pleased he had such high praise for it. ~smile~

Here is the recipe I used...

Pizza Dough (Bread Maker)

1 cup plus 2 tbsp. water (80-90 degrees)
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 cups flour
3 tsp. vital wheat gluten
2 1/2 tsp. yeast

Put in bread machine in order given.
Set on dough setting and start.

When it is done cut in half and stretch to fit pans. Top as desired and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown. (Ours needed 30 minutes)

Makes 2 medium pizza crusts.

Pizza Sauce

14 oz. can of no salt added tomato sauce
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. Italian herb blend
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. olive oil

Blend well.


I topped our pizzas with fresh mushrooms, pepperoni, green peppers, onions, crumbled cooked sausage, sliced green olives and shredded mozzarella cheese.

It was easy to make a much less expensive than ordering pizza so this recipe is one we will be enjoying often!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: