Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Slicing Homemade Bread


I just have a quick tip today that works for me. I received a bread maker for Christmas and LOVE it however I did not love trying to slice the bread. I could not cut it straight, it was too thick etc. Then my wonderful and much loved Hubby suggested that I try using the electric knife to slice it. It works great! I get thin even slices every time even when the bread is still warm. It definitely works for me! For more Works for Me Wednesday ideas please visit Rocks in My Dryer.

Blessings,
Liisa

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I have been having this issue with my bread that I make also. I have thought about buying a slicer, so I am glad to know that it does work.

Barbara said...

What a good idea this is. I love to have bread made on the timer so it's ready when we get up. However, we always end up cutting crazy slices when it's still warm. I'll give this a try next time. Thanks

JoAnn said...

I just recently discovered this trick too.

Liisa said...

Thank you all for stopping by and for leaving a comment!

Barbara - I just tried the timer feature for the first time last night and it was so nice waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread this morning!

Blessings,
Liisa