Monday, January 21, 2008

Being Flexible


I just received another wonderful email from Laine of Laines Letters. She is such a wonderful woman and such an inspiration. It is about being flexible. She says that she used to be too flexible spending too much time wasting her day away. Then she went too far the other way and was too rigid and had everything written down in a strict schedule so she was upset when anything happened to ruin her perfectly planned day. Now she has found the key. She prays for the Lord's direction of her day each morning and when her plans for the day are interrupted she is able to accept whatever comes her way as from the Lord.

I love this part of the letter.....
"It is such a pleasure to go to bed at night knowing that I have walked peacefully with Him through all my day. Sometimes I didn't get my plans done, but I know His Plans were accomplished for it has been my joy to work for Him and through Him."

It is wonderful timing to receive this letter just before our Titus Women meeting this week as we will be talking about planning our days and priorities. I plan to read the letter there as I think it is so appropriate!

You'll find the rest of the letter here, spend some time enjoying her site. You will be blessed by the time spent there.

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Liisa,

I really like the paragraph you highlighted and will click over to read the rest of the letter.

Liisa said...

I know you will love Laine's writings!

Blessings,
Liisa