Friday, May 2, 2008

Recipes and Magazines


I have two tips today for Frugal Friday this week. The first one is to take out recipe books from the library and copy out the recipes you would like to try on index cards and file them in your own recipe box. I am doing this right now with the book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. Not only do I save the cost of purchasing the book but I also save the space required to store all these cookbooks making life much easier!

The second tip is to purchase your magazines at the second hand store. I do this all the time and pick them up for a quarter each. Often the current month's copy is there and I have even found fishing and outdoors magazines for my hubby. ~smile~

For more frugal tips and ideas please visit Biblical Womanhood.

Blessings,
Liisa

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I love getting cookbooks from the library. I also get magazines used. There is a used booksale in my area every couple of months. It is a fundraiser for a Non Profit group. They usually have a ton of magazines for ten cents each. I usually come away with a box full. If I do not like a specific one, I have only spent 10 cents on it so I do not mind. I will have to look at second hand stores. I never thought to look there.

Niki Jolene said...

good tips!

i recently discovered one of our thruft stores has a magazine section...they even had real simple!

:)

Liisa said...

Lynn - I had never thought to look at the library book sale for magazines!

Niki - It is really amazing what you can find!

Thank you both for taking time to visit and leave a comment I really appreciate it!

Blessings,
Liisa