Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Holiday Weekend


My son has made it home safely from Pitch and Praise and he had a wonderful time. Praise the Lord!

We had a really nice weekend just my hubby and I. I am so pleased that we are growing closer instead of apart as some couples do. I have read numerous stories of couples who split up when their children leave home because suddenly it is just the two of them and they don't know each other anymore because all their energies or at least the wife's energies have gone into the children and the marriage is neglected. How scary! One day all children leave home but a marrigae is meant to last a lifetime.
Let's all be sure not to neglect our hubbies. Let's make time to make them feel loved and special and important because they are!

Saturday morning I went to help with the church cleaning bee and my hubby went to get the garden ready at the farm. Afterward we went to a nearby town shopping, when we got back we visited a few friends and then came home to relax and enjoyed some pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. They were so easy! I put a pork loin in the crockpot and covered it with BBQ sauce before I went to the church in the morning then when we were ready for dinner my hubby shredded it with two forks, stirred it up and we put it on buns. Yummy!

Sunday after church we went in search of the elusive morel mushrooms. We didn't find any but it was such a fun afternoon strolling through the woods togther. So beautiful!
We did find wild ginger which according to the books I read you can cut up or dry and grate and use just like regular ginger. So exciting to find these things!
We followed that up with a quiet night at home just relaxing.

Yesterday, sinc eit was a long weekend (Victoria Day) my hubby was out so I gave the house a really good deep cleaning. So nice and fresh in here now! I love it! I also cleaned my son's room before he got home. 17year old boys in my experience are allergic to REALLY cleaning their rooms so it was more than overdue and nice for him to come home to everything fresh and clean and uncluttered.

Now today we are back to regular routine, which is nice too!

Speaking of routine I better get back at mine!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: