Monday, September 14, 2015

Mississippi Mud

This past weekend we were blessed to be invited for dinner at our friend's home. I made this super yummy dessert to take along. It was my first time making it. I know that you should never make a new recipe to take somewhere before trying it first but thankfully it was a big it - both of the men had a big piece and then had a second bigger piece! ~smile~ So I thought I would share it with you.

Mississippi Mud
Crust:
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup butter
 
In a 9x13" pan blend crumbs and sugar. Melt the butter and pour over crumb mixture. Mix well. Press crust into the pan evenly covering the bottom only. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
 
Topping:
8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese, softened
1 cup icing sugar
12 oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed
3 cups of milk
2 - 3.5 oz. pkgs. of instant chocolate pudding
 
Mix cream cheese and icing sugar well. Fold in half of the Cool Whip. blend until smooth.
Spread on cooled crust.
Blend milk and pudding, stirring until thick. Spread over cream cheese layer.
Spread remainder of Cool Whip evenly over the top.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
(I sprinkled the top of mine with a bit of chocolate cookie crumbs I had on hand just to make it look a little fancier on top. You could add chocolate curls, crushed Crispy Crunch bar, etc. or just leave it plain on top)
 
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: