Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Unconditional Welcome


May a spirit of good cheer, devoted friendship and unconditional welcome be ever present in our home.

Unconditional welcome. I love the way that sounds, I love the idea of it, but do I practice it? Not always. :(

Unconditional welcome means to me being willing to open your home to others at anytime, without any notice and to anyone. (O.k. maybe not burglars and the like *wink* ) Hmmm....not as easy as it first sounds.

Do I throw open the doors and welcome my son's friends into our home and treat them as welcome guests? Do I invite new people at church home for lunch after the morning service? Do I welcome people into my home and make them feel comfortable when they pop by with no notice and my home is less than spotless....sometimes MUCH less than spotless? ~blush~ Do my family and friends know that they can always come by and receive an unconditional welcome at our home?

Definitely something to work on!

There are a couple of other things to keep in mind that I should mention. If your husband does not like having company, or having people drop in unexpectedly then you must honour his wishes. He is the head of your home and it would not be right to go against him for the sake of others.
Also we must keep our priorities in order. God first, husband second, children third, home fourth and then outside interests. We can't let our families and homes suffer because we are constantly busy with company.

Perhaps what I should really strive for in my home is a spirit of conditional welcome. If my priorities are in order and my husband is alright with it then open my doors and my home to others and hopefully be a blessing to them and a light shining for God. ~smile~

Blessings,
Liisa

Picture from allposters.com

No comments: