Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Outdoor Evergreen Decorations


These planters are from Presidents Choice. They are so lovely! I was very tempted to purchase one last year but then I thought I might try to make one myself. It was very easy and the best part is that I was able to find everything I needed at the compost yard! It doesn't get any better than completely free and beautiful decorations for your home.

What I did was go and get various kinds of evergreen branches, red sticks and pine cones. I simply used my big pots that I had flowers in this summer on my porch and deck. They still had the dirt in them so I stuck the branches into the dirt in a nice arrangement, put the red sticks in the center and wired on pine cones throughout the greenery. I will add big bows to the front and there you have it - quick and easy!

If you like you could spray paint the sticks and pine cones gold or silver and add a co-ordinating bow. You could also add in berries or any other decoration you like.

The arrangements I made last year made it right through the winter and still looked lovely.

Happy Creating!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: