Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Biscuits

Here is the recipe I use for biscuits...it's the best one I have found. However if anyone has a good recipe for buttermilk biscuits they would like to share I would appreciate it! We had wonderful biscuits at Bob Evans the last time we were in Michigan and I would love to be able to make biscuits like that. Anyway, here is the recipe I use now...

Biscuits

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk

Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
Using a pastry blender cut in the shortening then pour milk over all and blend well.
You can roll and cut out the biscuits but I usually just grab blobs roll them into balls and flatten on the sheet.
Place on an ungreased sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: