Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Worry Wart


wor·ry·wart (wûrˈē-wôrt)

noun
One who worries excessively and needlessly.

Hmmm....worry wart....it doesn't call up the nicest image does it, not when you really think about it. I just keep picturing a big old wart sitting there worrying. Eeewwwww!

Well I am in fact a worry wart. I worry about everything. I have even started worrying about worrying! I am one of those people that have to run back in the house to be sure they turned off the oven which perhaps they hadn't even used that morning much to the annoyance of their sweet and loving hubby. I have even gotten out of bed and gone down to the basement to make sure that the dryer really is off when my hubby had already assured me it was. I never used to worry this much. My aunt has this same trouble only worse and my grandmother has it too only an even worse version. Hence the reason I worry about worrying.

I was discussing my problem with my friend and she told me that her prayer group used to have a saying "If you pray why worry and if you worry why pray?" Hmmm....that is loaded isn't it! It is so true! And so I am striving to stop all the needless worrying.

I do pray often and for everything and I am learning to trust God even more fully and rest in the fact that He works all things together for the good of those that love Him. (Rom.8:28) He is good and wonderful and I love Him so much and how grateful I am that He loves me even though I may be a bit of a wart. (Eeewww!)
~smile~

"If you pray why worry and if you worry why pray?"

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: