Friday, February 6, 2009

Praise God


In my morning email study I have come across these verses that really struck me...

Hebrews 13:15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.

James 1:2,3 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience

It is not always easy to praise God or count it all joy when faced with trials. But so often I can see God's hand in things. In some instances I am going through right now I can see how God's perfect timing will come through in a delay that was really hard for me to take. I can see how another instance has brought us closer as a family, and yet another has opened up new opportunities for us. I can praise God through this and trust that His perfect will will be done in all these trials and I can trust fully in Him.

One thing I have been practicing lately is to praise God for all the little things in my life. I receive so many beautiful and perfect gifts from my Father throughout the day and taking time to acknowledge them and give thanks to God really puts my thoughts on the right track. It is hard to get grumpy or fed up when my mind is on my blessings. From tiny snowflakes catching the sun and sparkling like so many diamonds as they float to the ground to the snuggle of a sleepy little one just up from a peaceful nap. So many reasons to give thanks.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Thank you Father!

Hope you have a happy Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Liisa

Picture form www.allposters.com

No comments: