Friday, September 14, 2012

A Wise Woman Evening

This week I hosted a ladies evening, the theme was "A Wise Woman". I got the idea from the Creative Ladies Ministry site by  Julia Bettencourt. She has so many wonderful ideas - I could browse her site all day planning ladies events!
This is the sign I posted on our front door to welcome my guests.
 
 
This is the craft we did together. We sewed little felt owls (you can find the pattern here ) attached a ribbon on top to hang them and a tag with a verse regarding being a wise woman.
 

 
A close up of the owl I made.

 
This is the invitation I gave to my guests. I got the idea for it here.

 
This is the Get Wisdom Questionaire from Julia's Site. I just decorated them with little owls I printed, cut out and glued on.

 
Here is a picture of some of the little owls I used. I used them on the Who are You questionaire as well.

 
I read the Wisdom Getters devotional and then talked about what kind of wisdom we need, where and how do we get it and what is the result of getting it. I will share the talk in another post.
 
I served Mexican Layered Dip (recipe to follow), devilled eggs, veggies and dip, chips and wild leek dip, Red Satin Punch (recipe to follow), and owl cupcakes - they were so cute! ~smile~
 
It was a wonderful evening with some lovely ladies and I had a great time! I hope you are inspired to have a ladies evening soon too! ~smile~
 
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: