Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What Doesn't Work for Me


There are so many things I have learned the hard way or am still in the process of learning I don't know where to start! ~smile~

What doesn't work for me is trying to do too much. I have a nasty habit of getting an idea for an event or project and I just love to plan it all out but then I always discover that it is just too much - but not until it is upon me and I have to finish it. I also have a bad habit of volunteering for everything. I end up stressed out and my home shows my lack of time and attention and my family is unhappy but I somehow fail to learn these lessons! It isn't even a case of not being able to say no - it is me that just has a compulsion to do all these things - no one even has to ask me! ~sigh~ Perhaps one day I will learn!

For more of what doesn't work please visit Rocks in My Dryer.

Blessings,
Liisa

Note- I wrote this post on Monday and Tuesday I came across this post on Biblical Womanhood by Joy of Joy in the Journey. The portion that really hit home for me was...

First, before you think of expanding your realm of ministry in any capacity, you need to look around and ask yourself honestly, "Is my family cared for to the very best of my ability?" and "Is there something that I could be doing for them, that I'm not doing now?"

Don't you love it when God provides just what you need when you need it? I do!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Great post! It IS easy to get yourself busy doing too many things...even good things. I'm finally starting to be better at figuring out what I should be doing and what I should be not doing...but it will probably always be a struggle. :)

Christine said...

How are you, Liisa? I hope you have a blessed day!

Liisa said...

Thanks Laura! It's good to know I am not the only one!

Hi Christine, I'm fine, I hope you are too! Thanks for visiting and saying hello.

Blessings,
Liisa

Kristen said...

Great thought-so true!

Liisa said...

Thank you!
Blessings,
Liisa

Anonymous said...

I am very careful about what I commit to outside of my own family duties. I truly believe they are my top priority right now and so it is very easy to limit the other activities.

Liisa said...

I am so glad to hear that! It really is most important to look after our own families and homes first!

Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,
Liisa