Thursday, January 15, 2009

Older Women


In my morning study I was reading Titus 2 and I couldn't help but see the tie in to the post I wrote yesterday.

Titus 2:3-5 says -
...the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

We need to help and encourage younger women to love their husbands, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, and obedient to their own husbands. What a contrast this is to the advice found in the world. We need to do this so the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Let's uplift and encourage each other not tear down and discourage.

How I love the teachings found in the Bible. When my sister had her shop she carried a t-shirt with a picture of a Bible on the front and underneath it said Life's Instruction Manual. How true! If only everyone would read the manual life would be so much easier!

Happy Thursday!
Blessings,
Liisa

Picture from www.allposters.com

No comments: