Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Speak Out For the Lord


Ephesians 6:19-20

19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.


I came across this verse this morning in my email Bible study that I do each morning with a couple of ladies.

It really got me to thinking that there are many times that I have left a situation and thought oh if only I had spoken up, or I wish I had been bold enough to say something. I think my problem and that of many others is that we are afraid, not necessarily of being ridiculed for our faith but that we won't get it right. That we may say the wrong thing or won't know what to say if we are challenged or if the other person asks us a question. But here Paul is asking for prayer that whenever he opens his mouth, words may be given to him so that he will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel and that he will declare it fearlessly. That is amazing.


I ask that you will pray for me, that I will be given the right words at the right time and that I will have the courage to speak out for the Lord fearlessly. I will be praying the same for you.


Blessings,

Liisa

No comments: