Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Sermon Notes

This past Sunday we went with our son and his girlfriend to their church. It was a wonderful time and t was so nice to worship together. I thought I would share a couple of notes I took during the sermon as they were really encouraging to me.

The sermon was entitled A song of praise and was based on Pslam 145. He spoke about all the trials David went through and lamented about in the Pslams leading up to this one. He said it is OK to to say I don't understand what is going on and I don't like it but I trust in Your goodness Father. It may not always feel like God is for me but I know it. The feelings will catch up when I live that truth.

Love is evident in acts of restoration. He upholds, provides and lifts us up. He makes more allowance for fallen people than we do. We were on the bottom and He raised us up. He meets needs at the proper time. When we are waiting for Him to do something it may not be the proper time.

I will praise Him even though I do not always understand. We are the reflectors of the glory of God. God's greatness must be declared. Our God is far greater and far more worthy of our praise than any other. It is not enough to contemplate God's glory we must declare it with words and actions.

The very beat of my heart is because of His graciousness. The pastor then told a story of another pastor who preached a sermon and as soon as he said amen at the end his heart stopped and he dropped dead. He said when he listened to that sermon he could hear his chin hit the pulpit as he fell. He never forgot that and how quickly this life can be over.

I will extol you and praise You always - you cannot keep silent about God.

It was a great sermon - these are just a few of the notes that stood out to me. I suffer from chronic pain and have had many surgeries for issues I have and this sermon reminded me that though I may not understand why this is the case (which is ok)... God is always good and He loves me. I will give Him praise and extol Him because without Him I could not have made it through all I have and I certainly could not have done it with the joy in my heart that He gives me. He is everything to me and I love Him more everyday. Trials truly do cause you to lean heavier on Him and draw closer to Him everyday. There is joy in the journey in knowing you do not walk it alone He will never leave you or forsake you. Praise His glorious Name!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: