Monday, March 10, 2008

Wonderful Weekend


This weekend my Hubby and I had to take our friends to the airport in Detroit. We went the day before they were to leave and spent the day shopping and exploring the area with them. We went out for dinner and stayed in a very beautiful hotel. Then in the morning we went out for breakfast and they headed out and we headed for home. On the way back we stopped and did a bit more shopping. It was such a wonderful weekend!

It was the first time in a long time that my hubby and I went away, so it was nice to enjoy the time with just adults....though I did worry quite a bit about our son! I guess no matter how old he is I will always be an overprotective Mom. ~sigh~ I do try and realize that he is very nearly an adult but all I see is my wee little boy.....He is taller than me by quite a bit now and gave me whisker burn on my cheek when he kissed me good bye, but in my heart he is still the three year old little boy that needs me. ~smile~

I hope your weekend was wonderful too!

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Dear Liisa,

So glad you had a fun excursion!

Liisa said...

Thank you Carrie!
Blessings,
Liisa